Tuesday 17 February 2015

Recent Purchases

Hiya!

Recently I've got quite a few new beauty/style bits that I've been wanting (so you may recognise some from my recent wishlist) so I thought I'd share them with you. I've found that since Christmas my style has really been evolving - particularly on reading books such as The Little Black Book of Style and the first few sections of How to be Parisian Wherever You Are - and that's probably quite evident from the things I've been buying... a lot of greys here, possibly inspired by the current British weather?

Zara Reversible Contrast Shopper, £29.99- 
I wrote about why I wanted this bag in my last post so I won't repeat it all, but on receiving it I'm not at all disappointed and am really looking forward to wearing it with neutral outfits or in the spring for something a bit brighter than my usual black bag/clutch.


SheLikes.com Long Sleeve Grey Bodysuit, £6.99-
If this isn't the first time on my blog you'll have seen that I wanted the American Apparel Grey Bodysuit but as it was quite expensive I went on the hunt for a cheaper version and voila - under £7 for something similar and just as lovely! It's so useful and such good quality for the price, I'm so impressed and couldn't rave about bodysuits/this particular one enough!



Kevyn Aucoin Expert Lip Colour Lipstick in Blood Roses, £28-
The perfect red!!!!!!! As you can probably tell this has really excited me because I have been looking for this exact colour for ages and it is exactly how I wanted it. I have an abundance of red lipsticks but they are either a vampy burgundy, a bright pink red or  an orange red so what I really wanted was a sophisticated deep red - nothing to bold and bright or too dark. In person it's a lot more red than it looks in the photo but the overall tones are clear.




Mango Dark Grey High-Waisted Jeans, £39.99- 
Again, those of you who have read my last post will recognise these as I had wanted the American Apparel Easy Jeans in grey but at £66 they were a little unjustifiable so I went searching for an alternative cheaper pair. After days of online browsing I finally found these Mango jeans that have the solid colour that I wanted (I'm not a fan of the worn grey personally) were a dark enough grey (all other pairs had been pale grey) and were high waisted. Also Mango has the added bonus of free delivery so I saved over £20 by getting these. 



Loreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Taffeta (no. 233), £6.99-
For this kind of 'your lips but better' shade I thought I'd stay on the cheaper end, particularly after getting the very expensive Kevyn Aucoin red. This colour is a pale rose with shimmer so it's very natural but has the perfect glowing, lifting look that I was looking for in a nude like this. I already have a very skin toned nude which can be flattering and I love with really dark eyes, but I really wanted something with a bit more life and colour to wear with more minimal glowy makeup everyday.



Essie Nail Varnish in Master Plan, £7.99- 
In person this nail varnish has more grey in it than the photo shows, but it's the perfect beigey-grey that's classy and will go with anything. The nail varnish itself is wonderful quality with a good wide brush that makes for easy application. Overall a really pretty, simple shade.



Benefit Boi-ing Concealer, £17.50-
Technically a repurchase, but so good I'll keep talking about it forever. It's just a really good concealer - the colour matches me perfectly, it conceals everything perfectly without looking cakey and stays on all day. That's all I really have to say but all I really need to, it does everything a good concealer should.


Have a lovely day

No comments:

Post a Comment