Friday 22 August 2014

High End vs High Street - Skincare

Hi!

With many things it's often the way that the most expensive products are the best quality ones, but obviously we'd all rather spend less money where possible so I thought a comparison of two similar products (one cheap, one high-end) would interest a lot of people.

Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil vs No.7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Oil

Bobbi Brown, £31

This oil is undoubtably amazing at what it does. It takes almost all my makeup off, including my very stubborn eye makeup and definitely feels like it also cleanses my skin. As it's an oil it's so easy to spread into my face to quickly get my makeup off and this also means you don't need to use a lot. For the price, you do get a lot and with two people using it over the past month we haven't even used a quarter yet.

No.7, £11
This cleansing oil is significantly cheaper than the Bobbi Brown oil, although you do get less. It claims to do the same - remove all makeup and cleanse the skin, and so far it seems to do that so well and it leaves my skin noticeably soft. It smells really good as well so that's another bonus. The only (minor) problem I have with this oil is that it's a bit thick, so more difficult to spread around my face but it still works really well and I'm going to experiment with adding a bit of water to help thin it down.

Overall I would say the Bobbi Brown oil is slightly better than the No.7 equivalent, purely because of the thickness. Having said that, the No.7 oil is a really good cheap alternative for people not wanting to spend as much money.

Have a lovely day

No comments:

Post a Comment