Friday 29 August 2014

Styling: Oversized Coat

Hi!

FIRSTLY this post features some not-so-great photos, I'm going to have to experiment with settings and lighting etc. so bare with me while I get the hang of things - sorry! 


Today's blog is the ways I'm going to style my oversized coat throughout Autumn/Winter (which you'll notice features a few items from my September Wishlist). The coat I'm styling is from Topshop (£78) and I am so in love with it! It's thick and warm but doesn't look too heavy, and the oversized style is really flattering. 


OUTFIT 1
This is the most simple look in this post, it's entirely monochrome (excluding the lipstick) and overall quite casual which I like. Despite it being relaxed it is still put together and the coat makes it a lot smarter. I've only tucked the top in a bit at the front because this is what I find to be most flattering on my body shape but it's really up to you what suits you best.







Top: Topshop, £12

Jeans: Topshop (Joni jeans), £36
Belt: Topshop, £22
Shoes: Converse, £44.99
Choker: Charms U Cherish, £3
Lipstick: MAC Viva Glam III, £15.50
Bag: Zara, price unknown


OUTFIT 2 
This outfit is more put together and more dressed up, however it can be made more casual by swapping the chunky shoes for converse and using a less structured shoulder bag. As this outfit is dark and monochrome I added red bag to integrate some colour. This outfit is also a bit nautical, a theme that the stripes inspired leading me to add the chain and rope effect jewellery and specifically adding red to the outfit.





































Top: American Apparel, £25
Skirt: Select, £8
Belt: Topshop, £22
Shoes: Topshop, price unknown
Socks: Topshop, price unknown
Necklace: Urban Outfitters, price unknown
Earrings: River Island, price unknown
Bag: Topshop, price unknown


OUTFIT 3
I suppose this is what you'd call a put together travel look? As I'm going up to Manchester this weekend I felt inspired to do some kind of travelling look, which essentially is just an everyday outfit with a bigger bag but I like to put an idea behind it! I think this dress is perfect for travel as it is really loose and comfy, but still looks pretty.
















Dress: American Apparel, £48
Choker: Charms U Cherish, £3
Shoes: Coverse, £44.99
Bag: Topshop, £55
Lipstick: MAC Sunny Seoul, £15.50


Hopefully this has provided some inspiration for styling oversized coats which I've seen a lot of in shops at the moment and I can tell will be really popular throughout A/W 2014-15. Also apologies for not knowing all the prices - I do research prices as much as I can but items I got years ago/abroad/as gifts I often can't find out, sorry!

Have a lovely day



No comments:

Post a Comment