Sunday 9 November 2014

Everyday Makeup Routine

Hi! 

Today I'm going to run through my everyday (or rather weekend/holiday) makeup routine. During the week I'm at school so I don't go all out on eyeliner, eyeshadow, lip products, etc.. I do change what I do from day-to-day, e.g different extremes of eyeliner, eyeshadow colours, lipstick colours and blush colours, but for this post I kept it reasonably simple for a normal day. 




I am aware I look very orange and very sad in these photos, but I promise I am neither (blame poor lighting and the awkwardness of taking photos of yourself with minimal makeup on - the horror!).

Step 1: Prep

I start by using Nivea Lip Butter in Rasberry Rose and Garnier Moisture Match Moisturiser for Dry to Very Dry Skin on my lips, face and neck to prep myself for makeup and give my skin protection from the sun and winter weather. I use a heavy moisturiser overnight which is why I use a lighter one for daytime.

Step 2: Cover 


Here I use Yves Saint Laurent Fusion Foundation (reviewed in my last post) which I blend in using my fingers. For my foundation I alternate between this and Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation. After my foundation I use Benefit Erase Paste to conceal under my eyes and Benefit Boi-ing Concealer for spots and blemishes. I set this all with Benefit Hello Flawless Powder using a Sephora Fluffy Brush (I don't know the actual name, but I think that's the most accurate description of it)

Step 3: Contour and Highlight


 Pre Blending of Cheekbone Bronzer

Contouring is one of the most important stages (in my opinion) in my makeup routine. It gives me some shape and definition in my face which I think overall makes one look more striking and using blusher and highlighter makes me look lively, because nobody wants to look like they've just been dragged out of a coffin. To contour my cheekbones, temples, under my nose and around my jaw, chin and forehead I use Benefit Hoola Bronzer with a MAC 168 Brush. I blend this with my Sephora Fluffy Brush (mentioned earlier). For blush I alternate between Nars Orgasm and Benefit Dandelion, today I'm using Benefit. I apply this with my MAC Blush Brush (again I don't know the number or name, this time because it has rubbed off). To highlight I use a highlighter I bought in Tesco (very specific I know, the brand may be called Along Came Betty, but don't count on that). I apply it straight to my cheekbones then blend with my fingers.

Step 4: Brows



Another vital part of the routine - for strong brows I brush them into shape with the Real Techniques Lash-Brow Groomer then fill with Benefit Brow Zings

Step 5: Eyes

By far the most time consuming and irritating step (it pays off though). I start by putting the light grey eyeshadow from the Rimmel Glam Eyes Palette in Foggy Grey on the outer corner of my eyelid (staying close to the lashes) and under my eyes on the outer corner... if that makes any sense. Next I use the champagne colour to highlight on my brow bone. For eyeliner I use Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner with my MAC 210 Brush. Today I'm doing a flick and taking some liner slightly underneath the eye. To open up my eyes I use a Maybelline Expression Kajal White Pencil Liner on the waterlines. To finish off I curl my lashes then use Bourjois Paris Volume 1 Seconde Mascara in Black on the top lashes and MAC Opulash in Black on the bottom.

Step 6: Lips

Today I'm using Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in Coffee Craze which is a lovely dark-browney nude, perfect for Autumn/Winter.

Final procuct: 


Hopefully you enjoyed this ridiculously long post! 

Have a lovely day


No comments:

Post a Comment